guix-devel

Re: Prototype tool for building derivations

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Prototype tool for building derivations
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 15:35:02 +0200

Hi Chris,

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 22:22, Christopher Baines <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just let me know if you have any questions or comments!

>From what I understand of both your prototype and build systems, you
should interesting to read this paper [1]: "Build systems à la carte:
Theory and practice". It needs some imagination if you are not
familiar with Haskell notations. And you should interested by section
4 about Schedulers and section 5 about Rebuilders; especially Table 2
p.28, and also subsections 8.2 about Parallelism and 8.4 about Could
implementation.

[1] https://doi.org/10.1017/S0956796820000088

Thank you for the initiative and sharing your perspectives.

Cheers,
simon