guix-devel

Re: U-boot update revert.

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: U-boot update revert.
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:15:44 -0700

On 2020-04-23, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2020-04-23, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
>> I reverted the U-Boot update to 2020.04 because it breaks the build of
>> u-boot-tools package. Could you please have a look?
>
> Hrm. Pretty sure it worked locally when I committed it...
>
> Unfortunately, won't have a chance to debug till next week; if anyone
> else could look into it sooner that would be great!

I did take the time to look at the failed build log:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2602399/details

But the log just cuts off for no apparent reason during the unpack
phase... I don't think the new u-boot is at fault there.

It built successfully on i686, armhf and aarch64 ... and the failed
x86_64 test is mysteriously absent? hrm:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=u-boot-tools-2020.04

But that's not hugely surprising, given that tests are not run on those
architectures.

Honestly, the most of the test suite run for u-boot-tools is a generic
test suite for u-boot sandbox platforms, and most of the tests are
unrelated to what u-boot-tools actually provides, so I wonder if it's
even appropriate to run many of the tests as part of u-boot-tools...

I'm not really sure the best way forward here.

live well,
  vagrant