guix-devel

Re: 04/05: gnu: autoconf: Support cross-build.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 04/05: gnu: autoconf: Support cross-build.
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 07:45:12 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

Hi!

>> Tests are disabled currently (even on master!), so I guess that
>> inserting this line break is fine :-)
>
> Damn it, this is terrible!  But not your fault, for sure.  :-)

Yes, it would be good to re-enable them during the next cycle.
>> -    (arguments `(#:tests? #f))
>> +    (arguments
>> +     `(#:tests? #f
>
> I’m really nitpicking, but could you move the XXX comment right after
> #:tests? #f?

As checkn on IRC: yes, right after "(arguments `(" right before #:tests

>> +                           (out  (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
>> +                           (store-directory (%store-directory)))
>> +                      (substitute* (find-files (string-append out "/bin"))
>> +                        (((string-append store-directory
>> "/[^/]*-m4-[^/]*")) m4)
>> +                        (((string-append store-directory
>> "/[^/]*-perl-[^/]*"))
>> +                         perl))
>
> I’m very much in favor of keeping regexps literal.  What about writing
> them as:
>
>   (substitute* …
>     (("/[[:graph:]]/bin/m4")
>      (string-append m4 "/bin/m4"))
>     …)

After discussing various options on IRC: keeping the parenthetical
(((string-append stor-directory...; we are using than for git and
perl, see https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40698#16

> Also please move the comment right below ‘lambda*’.  :-)

Done!

> And then I think you can push it to ‘core-updates’.

Pushed to core-updates, together with a simalar patch for automake,
and a trivial one for texinfo.

Thanks!
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com