guix-devel

Re: [gnu-soc] [IMPORTANT] Next steps for participating projects and ment

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] [IMPORTANT] Next steps for participating projects and mentors
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 20:15:14 +0200

Hello Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 14., Ke 19:45):
Hi Gabor,

when I try to log in at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com I get:

>403
>Ruh roh. Something went wrong here.
>Current Google account: address@hidden
>
>You don't have a GSoC account.
>[Get Started]

When I try to create an account using [Get Started], there are only the
choices "organization" and "student"--both of which I don't want.

That is correct, you can't use that ui.

Also, I'm pretty sure I am on the GSoC Mentors mailing list so I should
still have an account from last year, right?

Unfortunately that is not so. Registration is needed every year. You should have received an invitation from the GNU org admins when you provided them with you mentor information. That invitation should ensure that you account gets registered and activated. If you did not receive your invitation, then you should contact the GNU org admins on the gnu-soc mailing list, as only they can invite you. If needed I can dig up the earlier communication, so that you know what information they need.

(I'd like to mentor the PXE thing)

Thanks, that is so nice.

Best regards,
g_bor