guix-devel

Re: 1.1.0rc1 available for test!

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: 1.1.0rc1 available for test!
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 17:45:01 +0200

Hello,

A minor useability issue:

At the end of installation, a prompt suggests installation is complete
and that the system is ready for reboot.

However, it suggests one can remove the installation medium before
hitting return to restart.

For me at least, removing the pendrive prior to reboot caused the system
to hang.  Only a hard power off got me out of that hang.  The system
seems to work fine aftarwards.

Perhaps the message could be improved by reversing the order of
restarting and removing boot media?

Best wishes,

Alex