guix-devel

Jami: Bug source investigation

From: Jan
Subject: Jami: Bug source investigation
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 01:20:19 +0200

Hello,

so I tested Jami on core-updates and it didn't fix the bug
(https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/jami-packaging/issues/63)

Here's my work up to now, it is on wip-jami branch:
https://gitlab.com/kromka_chleba/jami-package-and-other-things-for-guix/-/tree/wip-jami
https://gitlab.com/kromka_chleba/jami-package-and-other-things-for-guix.git

What happens is when making an audio call and then pressing the red
"disconnect" button, Jami daemon (dring) stops with the following
message:

dring: ../src/pjsip-ua/sip_inv.c:246: pjsip_inv_dec_ref: Assertion `inv
&& inv->ref_cnt' failed.

This issue is related to pjproject (https://www.pjsip.org/) - the
library implementing SIP, and patches Jami developers apply to it,
which can be found in ring-project/daemon/contrib/src/pjproject/.

I need help of someone experienced to investigate what is the
difference that makes our package crash, that doesn't occur on other
distributions. If we find out, we will hand it to Jami developers
so they can fix it.

Running daemon in the debugging mode:

/lib/ring/dring -pcd

Jami is built on debian 10, fedora 31, ubuntu 19.10 using GCC with
scripts written in python and bash located in ring-project/make-ring.py
and ring-project/scripts.

The source packages are available here:
https://dl.jami.net/release/tarballs/

And the binaries that don't suffer from the bug are here:
https://dl.jami.net/nightly/

Jan Wielkiewicz