guix-devel

Re: [Help] Adding file-system utils packages to system profile

From: Brice Waegeneire
Subject: Re: [Help] Adding file-system utils packages to system profile
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 08:38:46 +0000

On 2020-04-06 17:07, Brice Waegeneire wrote:
I tried implementing this in the attached patch but I'm currently stuck and need some help. I've probably overlooked something basic but I can;t put a
finger on it... Guix compile successfully with the patch and testing
“file-system-utils” in “guix repl” returns a list of packages as expected.
But when I try building a system/vm the packages aren't added to the
system's profile as I expected. From what I understand, that function as
used in “file-system-service-type” should get as arguments the list of
file-systems defined in the operating-system and should return a list of
packages, themselves appended to the system's profile list of packages.

It turns out “file-system-service-type” doesn't get *all* the file-systems,
just the one not need for boot.

With this issue fixed I have submitted it as patch #40480[0].

[0]: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40480

- Brice