guix-devel

Re: Feedback guix-hurd-20200401.img with qemu

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Feedback guix-hurd-20200401.img with qemu
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 13:45:28 -0400

Hello guix developers!  I just read this email thread from the
debian-hurd email list.  It looks like in the next few days the GNU/Hurd
bootstrap story will be simplified.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2020/04/msg00000.html

Also people not using the qwerty keyboard layout may be interested in
the "--curses" command from qemu, which starts the GNU/Hurd in your
keyboard layout of choice.  To the best of my knowledge the GNU/Hurd
supports many keyboard layouts but not keyboard variants like "dvorak".
Please note that starting the Hurd this way, will not allow you to start
X.  However, many Hurd developers code in the Hurd without X.  X is not
needed to code in the kernel for example...

--
Joshua Branson Sent from Emacs and Gnus

P.S. Please do not send emails to my inbox; I am subscribed to
guix-devel. Thanks