guix-devel

Re: Adding a %desktop-packages

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Adding a %desktop-packages
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 07:37:33 -0400

This is slightly unrelated, but your email reminded me.

How about we add a %desktop-packages variable?  I remember reading a bug
report about possibly ungoogled-chromium or some package not working
properly, because the user did not install a font.  Perhaps if people
are using a %desktop, there should be some %desktop-packages that most
users will want installed by default.  Packages would include a web
browser, one system font, etc.

--
Joshua Branson Sent from Emacs and Gnus

P.S. I am subscribed to Guix-devel, please just respond via To:
address@hidden.  Thanks