guix-devel

should auto updaters be disabled?

From: raingloom
Subject: should auto updaters be disabled?
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:15:36 +0100

I've been using gPodder and Gajim for a while and right now both are notifying me about new versions, gPodder about an update to itself and Gajim about an update to OMEMO. Both the OMEMO plugin and gPodder are managed by Guix, so the builtin updaters don't really have any business mucking with my setup.

I want to patch it out of gPodder, but what do others think? Would it make more sense to add a configuration option and fix it upstream?

For Gajim, I'm not yet sure, since not all plugins are managed by the distro.