guix-devel

Re: Install script supporting sysV init?

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Install script supporting sysV init?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 00:07:59 +0100

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 23:58:47 +0100
Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> thanks for testing it!
>

> I'd start a new process, for example:
>
> cat &
>
> then note the process ID (on the right; if it's not shown, invoke
> jobs -p).
Ah, right, forgot it's that easy.

> Also, could you try the attached version of /etc/init.d/guix-daemon ?
That's what I tried. Strange thing is now I can't start it again *at
all*, or at least guix can't connect to the socket. I removed the pid
file from /var/lock, could this be a problem, since I use the latest
version? I'll try good old restarting my computer.

> Thanks!

Jan Wielkiewicz