guix-devel

Re: Parameterized packages

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Parameterized packages
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 11:17:03 +0100

Hi John,

I believe the complexity will remain under control.

"Flags" are not replacing Scheme: they are Scheme.  Just like we have
support for multiple outputs now.

For newcomers, package parameters are not an issue since they are
completely optional.  You won't see them until you want them!

Regarding the command line: maybe we don't have to update it after all.
We could stick to manifests and scripts to leverage package parameters.

Thoughts on this, everyone?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/