guix-devel

Re: Rust packaging coordination

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Rust packaging coordination
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 09:37:04 -0800

Hi Martin,

On Jan 18, 2020, at 9:21 AM, Martin Becze <address@hidden> wrote:

version 0.4.0. Attached is my version.

Nice! I have 0.3.3. There were some install changes and updates since then.

I have a problem with mine: I can't get the man page to install correctly.

The install process was hard on this one. For the manpage you have to decompress it. Also I used patchelf to correct the run path instead of wrap-program (I copied nix almost verbatim). Here’s mine: https://github.com/jsoo1/guix-channel/blob/master/alacritty.scm

Feel free to use what you can. The release notes mentioned some changes for 0.4 that I don’t do.

John