guix-devel

Re: Store channel specification in profile

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Store channel specification in profile
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 15:37:46 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 at 00:48, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> Note that it was never designed to be human-friendly.  :-)  The Scheme
> code passed to ‘--manifest’ is friendlier.

Why do not change a bit both <profile>/manifest and code accepted by
'--manifest' to have something consistent and human friendly?

(Even if successive transactions will produce an unavoidable mess to
<profile>/manifest.)

Well, I do not see why there is 2 different syntax/semantic; one for
<profile>/manifest and another one for the code accepted by
'--manifest'.
Except, it is some pieces of work to modify the actual code. :-)

Cheers,
simon