guix-devel

Re: gnu: python-pytest: Update to 5.2.1.

From: Tanguy Le Carrour
Subject: Re: gnu: python-pytest: Update to 5.2.1.
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 08:48:26 +0100

Hi Maxim,

Le 01/07, Maxim Cournoyer a écrit :
> Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'm working on updating python-pytest and… not everything is going as
> > smoothly as I was expecting! :-(
> > […]
> > How am I supposed to fix this chicken and egg situation?! Is this
> > something that should be notified to upstream?!
> I think I had told you this over IRC, but for the record: Python 3.8
> will include importlib-metadata in its core libraries, so after we move
> to it on core-updates the chicken and egg situation will be no more.

You definitevely told me! But, the past few weeks (month?) have been quite busy,
sorry!
I haven't given another try to python-pytest (yet), but I've been
working on poetry (update to 1.0.0) and… that's pretty much everything!
:-(

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I've made it work!
But if anyone else wants to give it a try, please do! :-)

Regards,

--
Tanguy