guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 07:33:38 +0100

Jan <address@hidden> writes:

> Bad news:
> I still haven't got any response that would solve the bug present only
> in our package:
> https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/ring-client-gnome/issues/1123
> I have not much experience with debugging and reading backtraces, but
> could it be there's something wrong with our glibc package?

That’s very unlikely as we would probably see errors like this in most
packages then.

cogl issues an optimized instruction (__memcpy_ssse3), which then fails.

I’m just guessing, but I wonder if this comment is a hint at what’s
wrong here:

    ;; NOTE: mutter exports a bundled fork of cogl, so when making changes to
    ;; cogl, corresponding changes may be appropriate in mutter as well.

cogl is up to date, but mutter is not (it’s tied to the current Gnome
version in Guix, which is a few releases behind).

It may also be interesting to see if this can be reproduced on Wayland.

--
Ricardo