guix-devel

Re: Building a bootable disk image for A20-OLinuXino

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Building a bootable disk image for A20-OLinuXino
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 10:26:27 +0100

Hey Ludo,

>   (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
>                 (bootloader u-boot-a20-olinuxino-micro-bootloader)
>                 (target "/dev/mmcblk0")))
>
> … this time with offloading to an actual ARM machine.  I wrote the
> resulting image to an SD card, but the result appears to be unbootable.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Well, I prefer to set target to "/dev/vda", produce the image, then dd
it on the SD card. This way, you have an image with the bootloader
installed. But, this should work too.

The only way to debug is to plug an UART cable[1] :p. Most of the time, the
initrd is missing some drivers to mount the SD card ("sunxi-mmc" and
"sd_mod" maybe?).

To find missing modules, I usually remove the "quiet" kernel argument
and compare dmesg output with a Raspbian, or whatever is booting.

Tell us how it goes !

Mathieu

[1]: https://linux-sunxi.org/Olimex_A20-OLinuXino-Micro