guix-devel

Re: Overhauling the cargo-build-system

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Overhauling the cargo-build-system
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 09:23:22 -0800

Hi all,

I am working on ripgrep and I was wondering if we could add a key to inputs for
cargo inputs instead of using the arguments field.  Is there a downside to
saying something like

`(inputs
    (("rust-loom" ,rust-loom-0.2 #rust-build)
     ("rust-quickcheck" ,rust-quickcheck-0.9 #rust-dev))

Just a thought I had so I could be wrong. I certainly see the downside of not
using the inputs fields the way they work everywhere else.

Thanks,

John