guix-devel

When to add rust packages?

From: John Soo
Subject: When to add rust packages?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 14:57:00 +0000

Hi Guix,

I packaged a number of Rust programs that I use everyday (ripgrep, alacritty) or I found useful when learning Rust (racer).  With the instability of the rust build system and package definition they are a lot to maintain. I would love to send patches for them but I don't want to burden you all with the maintenance of the packages. When do you think would be the best time to send patches?

Thanks!

John