guix-devel

Re: Status of Gnome upgrade?

From: Kei Kebreau
Subject: Re: Status of Gnome upgrade?
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:35:35 -0500

Timothy Sample <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I’ve CC’d Kei who has been looking after this.  Thanks Kei!
>
> Brett Gilio <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Guix,
>>>
>>> does anyone know what’s holding up the Gnome upgrade?  It’s sad to see
>>> the upgrade languish when it was almost ready for a merge into master.
>>>
>>> Are there any open issues?  Any problems that need solving?  I think
>>> this is a high priority item for Guix.  I’d love to help getting it
>>> done.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ricardo
>>>

>> I do not know of any open issues, but I agree with Ricardo fully. This
>> is a high priority issue for Guix that needs to get done sooner rather
>> than later.
>>
>> I am also willing to throw my weight behind it, even though I am not a
>> regular GNOME user.
>
> I’m also willing to help.  :)
>

> -- Tim

I've been more busy than I'd like over the past few weeks, but I've been
using the "wip-gnome-updates" branch for a while now.  Up to November 27
(the "master" branch hasn't been merged into "wip-gnome-updates" since
then), I haven't noticed any regressions in GNOME's functionality.  I'd
be delighted to merge "wip-gnome-updates" into "master" and begin work
on GNOME 3.34 updates starting late next week.