guix-devel

Re: Packaging Mercury & Some Struggles

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Packaging Mercury & Some Struggles
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 08:16:30 -0800

Hi Brett,

I like having mercury-minimal I think that’s pretty considerate.

To use (ice-9 match) you will need to add it to the list of #:modules in the
arguments field then use-module in your phase. I.E.:

(arguments
  `( #:modules ,(cons '(ice-9 match) %gnu-build-system-modules) ...

Then in your phase:
    (lambda ...
      (use-modules (ice-9 match)) ...

A phase should work well for this purpose, as long as the submodule does not
include any binaries.  If it does, you should use the snippets field of the
origin record instead.

Happy to help, and good luck,

John