guix-devel

Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Speaking about Guix at NL-RSE 2019
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 21:44:01 +0100

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm speaking about Guix at the Netherlands Research Software Engineers
> Conference 2019 at Amsterdam on November 20 (next Wednesday).
>
> https://nl-rse.org/events/NL-RSE19.html

Neat!

> I plan for the talk to be very basic and targeted at an audience new to
> Guix. It will be similar to Ricardo's talk at FOSDEM 2017, but I will
> mix and match stuff from Ludo's and other people's various talks as
> well.

Sure, take whatever you find useful from
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/talks/>.

In the context of this conference it probably makes sense to discuss
how Guix fits in the big picture of reproducible science (as in the
aramis-2019 and jcad-2018 sub-directories above, for example).

> I'm travelling all the way from India. This is my first time to Europe,
> and I might not travel to Europe again in a long time. I will be in
> Amsterdam from November 19 to November 25. If anyone is around and would
> like to meet, do contact me off list. All this is subject to my visa
> being approved. I will likely know about that within the next 48 hours.

I won’t be around unfortunately.  It’s a long way from India, but if you
have the possibility to come to Brussels in February for FOSDEM and for
the Guix Days, that’d be a good opportunity to meet many Guix!

Have a good trip & conference!

Ludo’.