guix-devel

Re: Clang c++ include path

From: David Truby
Subject: Re: Clang c++ include path
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 15:12:06 +0000

Hi,

This patch doesn't work for me as it seems to have a similar issue
finding the libc++ headers.

I do have a fix for the libstdc++ header issue though, I'm just trying
to clean up the patch and then will send it to paches-guix. It involves
patching the source, so will trigger a rebuild of anything depending on
clang (however it doesn't touch llvm). I haven't yet worked out a way
of fixing libc++ but it should be fixable in a similar way.

I actually have two ways of fixing it though and am unsure which is
more appropriate. The non-controversial one is to just get the
libstdc++ header directory for the default gcc and patch clang to look
there. However, as an end user of the clang package I would rather have
a make-clang-toolchain procedure that takes a gcc-toolchain version and
gets the standard library from that. I've got implementations of both
of these, does anyone have an opinion which one would be preferred?

David Truby
medium. Thank you.