guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 17:50:01 +0100

Dnia 2019-11-04, o godz. 23:48:00
Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Hello,
>
> This is most probably because fmt is missing from inputs.
> > This is because SObjectizer is missing from inputs.
> You can get further info about this in the cmake file:
> https://github.com/Stiffstream/restinio/blob/master/dev/CMakeLists.txt

I packaged SObjectizer and placed it in the gnu/packages/cpp.scm file.
I also added SObjectizer and fmt as inputs, but the result is the same,
even though I tried removing commands, which add the subdirectories
from CMakeLists.txt. What's the proper way of dealing with situations
like this? Am I missing something important? Should I copy outputs of
fmt and sobjectizer into the directories? If so, how can I do this?

(add-after 'unpack 'do-not-make-directories
                                 (lambda _
                                   (substitute* "dev/CMakeLists.txt"
                                                (("add_subdirectory(fmt)")
"") (("add_subdirectory(so_5)") ""))
                                   #t))

> This does not seem the upstream repo. Could you change it to the
> upstream one? (Albeit, it seems to be an official mirror.)
> (https://bitbucket.org/sobjectizerteam/restinio/src/default/)
> Or if there is a tarball available for the needed version, that would
> be even better (
>
> https://bitbucket.org/sobjectizerteam/restinio/downloads/), but I
> don't know if these archives are stable.

On the website, they say the software is hosted on github:
https://stiffstream.com/en/products/restinio.html

Also AFAIK git is always reproducible, whereas tarballs can get
rebuilt, so fetching using git is safer.

Jan Wielkiewicz