guix-devel

Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 13:29:29 +0100

I have good and bad news.
The good news is I fixed curl by using the most recent Jami source
tarball - 20191031.3.40360d8.
The bad news is that pjproject-jami didn't really build, because the
patches failed to get applied again - the curl problem had occured
*before* the problem with pjproject-jami, so I thought it had been
fixed.

I don't know what's the problem - the versions of pjproject and gnutls
seem to be correct, I can check other dependencies of pjproject, but
it'll take some time. I'll also ask the devs if I'm using the right
versions now, but something seems to be broken for me, see this fail:

patching file pjnath/src/pjnath/ice_strans.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 366 (offset -25 lines).
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1655.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1861.
pjnath/src/pjnath/ice_strans.c.rej File
pjnath/src/pjnath/turn_session.c is read-only; trying to patch anyway
patching file pjnath/src/pjnath/turn_session.c Hunk #1 succeeded at 974
(offset -1 lines). Hunk #2 succeeded at 1022 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 1050 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 1090 (offset -1 lines).
File pjnath/src/pjnath/turn_sock.c is read-only; trying to patch anyway
patching file pjnath/src/pjnath/turn_sock.c
command "patch" "--force" "-p1" "-i" "Savoir-faire Linux
patches/fix_ebusy_turn.patch" failed with status 1

The full log is attached below.

Why "pjnath/src/pjnath/turn_session.c is read-only; trying to patch
anyway"? Why is it read-only. I don't get it, are we missing some
permissions? Somehow this wasn't a problem before - the previous
version of pjproject-jami didn't have this problem. Is it a bug in Guix?

Jan Wielkiewicz