guix-devel

bootstrap guile version mismatch on core-updates

From: dftxbs3e
Subject: bootstrap guile version mismatch on core-updates
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 16:12:00 +0200

Hello,

It seems that guile2.2 is built by make-bootstrap.scm here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/make-bootstrap.scm?h=core-updates#n625

but guile2.0 is expected here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm?h=core-updates#n373

For the purpose of my ongoing port to powerpc64le-linux-gnu, I applied
the attached patch, but obviously that one wont work with the previously
built tarballs for x86_64 etc. Things would have to be split in parts
somehow, for old bootstraps with version 2.0 and newer ones with version
2.2.

Thanks