guix-devel

Re: Go importer - help with git-fetch

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Go importer - help with git-fetch
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 22:26:46 +0200

Hi :)

Thanks for the quick responses.

On 2019-08-06 15:04, Jakob L. Kreuze wrote:
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

Yes -- my apologies, I probably should have clarified in the earlier
email thread. 'git-fetch' from (guix git-download) needs to be run in
the store monad, but 'git-fetch' from (guix build git) doesn't. You can
get rid of 'with-store' and 'run-with-store'.

Done! (see attached)

I got the git-fetch and hashing to work. :D

Next challenge: silence git-fetch. Do any of you know how to do that? I imagine it entails sending its text output to some dummy port.

--
Cheers Swedebugia