guix-devel

Re: 04/07: gnu: strace: Update to 5.2.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: 04/07: gnu: strace: Update to 5.2.
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 02:24:28 -0400

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> wrote:

> I found this commit upstream which touches the four failing tests,
> though I don't really understand what it does:
>
> https://github.com/strace/strace/commit/4377e3a1535a0ec3a42da8a1366ad6943f4efa0e
>
> Mark: can you try the attached patch and see if it makes a difference?
> Strace (still) builds for me with this patch, at least.

I needed to add another phase to run 'tests/gen_tests.sh', and with that
addition, strace-5.2 now successfully passes all tests on my system.

I went ahead and pushed the resulting fix to the 'master' branch as
commit 2426e2c94cdf9fcf28bba28b1e84b1aa5f652332.

Thanks very much for your quick response to this issue.

     Best,
      Mark