guix-devel

Re: Does it make sense to package debops?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Does it make sense to package debops?
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 16:03:44 +0200

Hi Hartmut,

> I just wonder whether I should package debops, a collection of ansible
> roles for managing Debian systems.
>
> Shall I?
>
> I'm curious since you this is not to support guix. OTOH, ansible is
> packaged, too, which is not of much use for guix IMHO .

I think it’s useful to have Ansible installable via Guix.  You can use
it to deploy remote machines.  While you probably wouldn’t use Ansible
to modify your Guix System it can still be valuable in a mixed
environment where the other machines don’t use Guix.

I think it’s fine to add debops to Guix.  It’s free software, uses free
software, and is used to manage free software distributions.  It’s all
good in that regard.

--
Ricardo