guix-devel

Re: ci wishlist

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: ci wishlist
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:31:10 +0200

Robert Vollmert <address@hidden> writes:

> some questions that the ci interface should answer, but makes quite hard:
>
> - on a given branch, which packages are broken? (the answer seems to be:
>   all packages that have a failed build in some evaluation and that don’t
>   have a successful build anytime later)

We can seach packages and restrict them by “spec” and/or “system” and
that can give you a list of other builds.  It’s not quite what you’re
looking for, but it can get close enough.

> - on a given branch, which broken packages are also broken on master?

I’d like to see something like that as well.  Would make it much easier
to see what packages are *newly* failing, presumably because of a change
on this branch.

(Right now the list of failed builds for wip-texlive, for example, isn’t
all that helpful, because I don’t know if that’s my fault or if these
failures are “expected”.)

--
Ricardo