guix-devel

Re: Seeking "complex" system examples / guixops

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Seeking "complex" system examples / guixops
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:53:28 +0200

Hi Hartmut,

> So I'm wondering whether anyone is using guix for this kind of
> system-setup in a flexible manner and whetehr one could share some examples.

the Guix sysadmins are using Guix to build complex systems.  Our
configurations are available in the “hydra” directory of the maintenance
repository:

    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra

The ci.guix.gnu.org head node is defined here:

    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/berlin.scm

All its build nodes are instantiations of the procedurally generated
configuration here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/modules/sysadmin/build-machines.scm

Berlin also uses a complex nginx configuration, which is defined here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/nginx/berlin.scm

Hope that’s enough to get you started!

--
Ricardo