guix-devel

Revisiting optional runtime dependencies

From: P
Subject: Revisiting optional runtime dependencies
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:48:19 +0000

Has there been any progress on this front since 2015?

There should be a way to communicate to the user the existence of optional runtime-only dependencies.

For example, I installed Gajim recently and it pulled in Gnome's keyring, which is completely unncessary for me, as I already use KeepassXC.

The package manager should also have a way to query this information, because packages that were installed as optional dependencies should not have to be manually deleted when their reverse dependency is removed.