guix-devel

how to make fonts available to a service?

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: how to make fonts available to a service?
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 22:42:26 +0200

Hi all,

I’m a bit at a loss right now with respect to how to make fonts available
to system services.

I’m running a service that uses rsvg-convert (from package librsvg) to
raster some SVG graphics. However, it appears that the default fonts
are missing some Unicode character.

It seems that I can make fonts available in my user profile by installing
the corresponding font package, and those would be available to rsvg-convert
via fontconfig via ~/.guix-profile/share/fonts. But how would I do the
same for a service?

Thanks,
Robert