guix-devel

Re: Program to build the on-line manuals (HTML + PDF)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Program to build the on-line manuals (HTML + PDF)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 22:22:36 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> I’ve committed an improved version of doc/build.scm as
> ccadafdcefee012c261513e9d8663a22704bc496.
>
> It expects to be used from a Git checkout like so:
>
>   guix build -f doc/build.scm
>
> Hopefully it addresses the issues you had before, Ricardo.

It does!  It’s really great.  I just updated guix.gnu.org with this
command:

   GUIX_WEB_SITE_URL="//guix.gnu.org/" ./pre-inst-env  guix build -f
doc/build.scm

And then

   rsync -rzvha --copy-links /gnu/store/…-guix-manual/ …/manual/

Thank you!

> There are a few FIXMEs in there (one is about TeX, as we discussed on
> IRC last Friday) but it does the job.

I see why you needed help with the modular TeX now… I started the
wip-texlive branch to overhaul our TeX packages, but as it requires
changes to svn-fetch and some core texlive-* packages it will need to be
merged into core-updates at some point.

--
Ricardo