guix-devel

Re: "guix deploy" is in git master

From: Jakob L. Kreuze
Subject: Re: "guix deploy" is in git master
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 19:34:43 -0400

Christopher Lemmer Webber <address@hidden> writes:

> Huge congratulations to Jakob in that "guix deploy" has just hit git
> master!  There's a new section of the manual, "8.15 Invoking ‘guix
> deploy’"; see that for details.
>
> Please play with it and let us know what your experiences are!
>
> MANY THANKS and HUGE CONGRATS to Jakob for getting this key piece in of
> their GSoC project already this summer!  More cool stuff is ahead, I
> understand :)
>
> Now who's going to be the first brave soul to use this for server
> deployment? ;)
>  - Chris

Thank you for all the kind words!

As Chris wrote, we're hoping that people will have an opportunity to
play with the new tool and provide comments; if you're looking for
something low-stakes to deploy to and get your feet wet, I'd suggest
setting up an SSH daemon on the 1.0.1 QEMU Image[1] and forwarding that
port to your host. Hopefully the example in the manual can serve as a
starting point from there.

Regards,
Jakob

[1]: http://guix.gnu.org/download/