guix-devel

Re: BTRFS, LVM, LUKS

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: BTRFS, LVM, LUKS
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 22:52:56 +0200

Hi,

Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> skribis:

> On Jun 30, 2019, Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

>> "It sounds like we’re almost there, I guess."

Ahem, we have a use case for the right to be forgotten.  :-)

> Yeah, it looked so nearly finished that I was very surprised it didn't
> make it yet.

I think the mapped device API was very new back then, and perhaps we
weren’t initially quite sure where we were going.

Regardless, I’m all in favor of reviving this patch set, it should be
easier this time around!

There are also people like Giovanni who have pretty fancy setups with
Btrfs, if that’s an option for you.

Welcome!

Ludo’.