guix-devel

Re: guix import crate wraps #:cargo-inputs twice

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: guix import crate wraps #:cargo-inputs twice
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 15:45:18 -0500

Dear all,

We also have a Rust tool we want to package in Guix, but Rust (like Go
and JS) appears to encourage an insane list of dependencies:

https://github.com/chfi/rust-qtlreaper/blob/master/Cargo.lock

Look at this list. This is for a very simple tool that does some
input, output and a computation!!

At the moment I am inclined to run Cargo after the Guix install. A bit
similar to what we did with Go and IPFS earlier.

A working importer would be great news.

Same for Racket, btw.

Pj.