guix-devel

packaging postgrest, haskell patches

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: packaging postgrest, haskell patches
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 23:09:04 +0200

Hi,

now that postgrest 6.0.0 has made it to hackage:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/postgrest

I’d like to submit my packaging of it for inclusion
in guix. The current state is visible here:

  https://github.com/robx/guix-postgrest

Some questions/open issues:

* I’ve submitted a few patches to the haskell packages
  that are required for this:
  - #36108 and #36038 fix package conflicts between ghc-included
    modules and packaged modules
  - #36499 updates the dependency ghc-primitive
  Should I wait for those to be merged, or lump them all
  together?
* I’m a bit unclear on where to file the various new
  ghc-* packages. Currently it’s more or less aribtrarily spread
  across a bunch of modules, compare the github link above.

  Should I go ahead with moving towards an organization as
  suggested here?
    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-06/msg00181.html

Cheers
Robert