guix-devel

Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Guix beyond 1.0: let’s have a roadmap!
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 09:13:26 -0700

Hi all,

I’m a newcomer of sorts but I would like a programming abstraction over
profiles. It feels like some requests for better cache file state handling,
declarative user services, and declarative user packages could be gained. Plus
I think profiles are still maybe the most confusing thing to a newcomer and
they are not explicit in the configuration.

- John