guix-devel

Re: Anti-Virus Service

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: Anti-Virus Service
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:31:51 -0400

> I briefly worked on such a service (quite) a while back.  I've attached a
> patch of what I believe the latest state of that work is.  Would you like to
> pick it up?  Otherwise, if you'd like to share what you'd expect of such a
> service, that could help me continue my work on it.

Great that you have started it. I don't think I have knowledge and skill to do
that as my background is biotechnology. I do have an idea of what the clamav-
service can do. 1) Real-time scanning of system 2) Auto-scanning of mounted
devices 3) Auto-scanning downloaded files via any application 4) Make ClamAV
components available in system: clamscan, clamd (with clamdtop and clamdscan),
freshclam, libclamav, sigtool, clambc, clamconf and clamav-config. 5) If
possible, make this service available to be utilised by other applications (eg.
mail client using the service to scan emails, etc.).

Regards,
RG.