guix-devel

Re: 01/01: services: Add SRFI-26 to Nix activation gexp.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: 01/01: services: Add SRFI-26 to Nix activation gexp.
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:54:12 +0200

Mark,

Mark H Weaver wrote:
address@hidden writes:

nckx pushed a commit to branch master
in repository guix.

commit 2be6b5e2eea9ac084cc22281f64f7a089e46cdae
Author: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden>
Date:   Tue Jun 11 20:50:37 2019 +0200

    services: Add SRFI-26 to Nix activation gexp.
Fix the following fatal error on ‘guix system reconfigure’:

[Huge backtrace snipped, who adds stuff like that.]

* gnu/services/nix.scm (nix-activation): Import and use (srfi srfi-26).

FWIW, I don't think we should normally have backtraces like this in our commit log. Certainly in this case, the error was sufficiently obvious,
and the backtrace doesn't add much useful information.

I included it because (this implies there was more deliberation involved than there was) the bug was reported on IRC, in an ephemeral paste. For the record, I wouldn't have done so if there'd been a regular bug report.

What do you think?

Nothing, really. I have so many opinions already, I can't bring myself to have one on this matter. Whatever you say :-)

Kind regards,

T G-R