guix-devel

New SLiM theme.

From: Diego Nicola Barbato
Subject: New SLiM theme.
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 13:35:51 +0200

Hi Guix,

In our effort to eradicate every last trace of the name "GuixSD", since
it fell out of favour, we have overlooked the SLiM theme.  I have
attached a patch that adds a new SLiM theme to the guix-artwork
repository.

Originally I intended to just remove the SD from the 0.x panel.  But I
noticed that the left horn of the Guix logo was misaligned and I got
confused by the shadows, so I remade the panel from scratch using the
'Guix-horizontal-white.svg' logo.  I took the liberty to also add a new
'background.png' although we may keep the old one if this one is
considered too tacky or otherwise inadequate.

If this new theme is added we will further have to update the
%artwork-repository in gnu/artwork.scm and change
%default-slim-theme-name in gnu/services/xorg.scm to "1.x".

Regards

Diego