guix-devel

Re: Let's merge staging!

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Let's merge staging!
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 17:10:30 +0200

> Hi!
>
> Marius Bakke <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> The staging branch has been accumulating updates for a while now.
>> We have Mesa 19, Sphinx 2.0, GStreamer 1.16, ALSA 1.1.9, as well as some
>> Python updates.  See `git shortlog -n master..staging` for the scoop.
>>
>> I suggest we "freeze" (meaning no further updates, only bugfixes) this
>> branch tomorrow at midnight UTC, and then merge it once the CI lights
>> are green.
>>
>> Anything missing before the freeze?
>
> Not from me, go for it!  You can monitor:
>
>   guix weather -c10
>
> or similar for that branch.

The weather looks good (< 5% missing substitutes).  I pushed a merge of
master just now to try and gain a better understanding of what is
missing before actually merging it.

I suspect it's just the changes from 'master' since it was previously
merged to staging a while back, but Cuirass still is not as convenient
as Hydra for finding regressions, so better safe than sorry.

I will merge it later today if things look OK.

Note to self: it would be good to have more frequent merges during the
freeze period.