guix-devel

Re: Making javadoc reproducible

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Making javadoc reproducible
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 15:46:31 +0200

Hello,

Mykola Nikishov <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. máj. 19., V, 12:23):
Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Also we can simply turn off the timestamp generation
>> > unconditionally...
>>
>> Number 2 sounds good, and why not giving it a try to place it upstream?
>
> Ok, i will go for it, and try to get it upsreamed for jdk8 and jdk11.

Gábor, do you have anything to share?

It's not upstreamed, but our jdk11 javadoc is reproducilble.
Current status is that all outputs except the jdk could be easily made reproducible.
Jdk is hard to solve, but the jre and javadoc are ok on jdk11. I plan to package jdk12 soon,
then do a cleanup on the bootstrap toolchain.

For hints on the problem around jdk see:
https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk12/file/06222165c35f/make/scripts/compare.sh
from line 160.

That is the last reproducibility issue we have in jdk :)

--
Mykola

Libre/Free Java Software Developer
https://manandbytes.gitlab.io/