guix-devel

Re: ‘staging’ merged!

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: ‘staging’ merged!
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 18:54:38 -0400

Hi Ludovic,

> I’m happy to report that I’ve finally merged ‘staging’!  The branch
> brings lots of updates, notably GNOME 2.28 (was 2.24).
>
> Up-to-date substitutes are available from <https://ci.guix.info>.

I notice that 'staging' was not built on Hydra before it was merged, or
at least not more than a couple of days before.  Now that Hydra is
finally building it, many problems are becoming evident, especially on
armhf-linux.

Have we abandoned the practice of building out experimental branches on
Hydra before merging them?  Does Berlin now have a significantly better
interface that would allow us to spot problems like the ones that Hydra
is now (belatedly) bringing to light?  Was Berlin able to build out
'staging' on armhf-linux before this merge?

        Mark