guix-devel

Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 00:03:09 +0100

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 11:47:26 +0100
Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> wrote:

> also: could you please remove "USEFUL" and "NICE_TO_HAVE" from the
> build environment since we do not strictly need them at build time?
>
> ...nevertheless, I agree they are useful and nice to have in our user
> (or project) environment for editing/developing purposes :-)

Hi Giovanni,

since the environment is a CONTAINER, it contains really nothing
besides what you explicitly add to it. I added those variables. It is
really helpful to have at least "ls" and "less", and during development
some more tools. When everything is settled, we can shrink that down to
coreutils and less for example.

Björn