guix-devel

Re: (python) ctypes.util.find_library full path ?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: (python) ctypes.util.find_library full path ?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 15:02:29 +0100

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your explanations.

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 at 20:02, Danny Milosavljevic
<address@hidden> wrote:

> In this case, since python-cairocffi is presumably also used by others,
> set it up to do (1).  But I checked guix master, the package
> "python-cairocffi" there is already set up for (1).
>
> Are you sure you didn't accidentially create a duplicate that doesn't?

Yes, there is a duplicate here.
I naively thought that `guix import pypi -r tool` was checking if the
dependency was or not already declared.

The good point is I have learned about the issue and how to fix it. :-)

> Are you sure that the culprit isn't in python-cairosvg ?

Now, the culprit is python-cffi with a similar error than the previous one.
Well, I post-pone that to come back later with fresh eyes. ;-)

Thank you again for your explanations.

All the best
--
simon