guix-devel

Re: It's time to build "guix deploy"

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: It's time to build "guix deploy"
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:42:46 +0100

Hi swedebugia,

swedebugia <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>>given you understand most part of it, why don't you try to write an
>>exegesis of that code yourself ;-)

> I could certainly try to do that but Ricardo said himself "its not
> great..." so I don't know if it is a good idea.

yes, probably the code would need to be refactored/abstracted to be
useful "out of the box" for others

> Anyway it draws on quite a lot of modules so I would have to look at
> them too to get the whole picture.
>
> Which parts would you like explained?

I'd need a tutorial like
https://guix.info/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/
...something titled "manage a fleet of hosts with Guix" :-O

...but given the actual status of the code I realize it's not feasible,
so nevermind please :-)

I'll do my homework to learn enough Guile to understand that code on my
own and if I'll be able to build some abstraction on it

Thanks!
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Biscuolo