guix-devel

Re: Packaging FreeCAD

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Packaging FreeCAD
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 07:18:07 -0800

Hello Guix,

I have some small updates and asking for help on freecad (I’m working from my channel github.com/jsoo1/guix-channel). I have been getting a little stuck building the pyside2 dependencies. It seems like freecad is moving from the pyside1 tools (Shiboken and pyside) to pyside2 for the 0.18 release (see https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python). These packages have a custom setup.py that I could use a hand porting to a guix package. As far as I understand, building upside would complete all the required third party packages listed on the freecad wiki: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Third_Party_Libraries

- John