guix-devel

Re: English Voice Wanted

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: English Voice Wanted
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 15:44:57 +0100

Hi Paul,

sounds great, thanks!

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 08:38:16 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >> Yes, I can be a candidate. I was born in London and I have a
> >> native English voice.
> >

> > Thanks for the offer.
> > I believe we can arrange to get the first video to you by friday.
> > Laura, wdyt?
> Sure, I can send Paul the first video without sound ,and create the
> subtitles maybe for knowing the timing? Paul is is OK a .srt file for
> you?

Good. Just a note for you: If you recently "guix pulled", you may have
noticed that aegisub is broken since 2019-02-09 15:14:59. You can still
use the old installed version. I will commit the final fix tonight, so
after that it should be updatable/installable again.

> > Laura, could you check which format should we use? I believe a
> > loseless would be preferred here, and later converted to one we can
> > use in our container.
> uhm the one who knows much more about formats is Ricardo, I am CCing
> him so that he might help.

Yeah, Ricardo should decide about that.

Thanks,

Björn